Coffee Face Masks: A Tasty Way To Treat Your Skin
While we’re all already quite familiar with the health benefits of coffee – have you ever thought of perhaps slapping up a brew and treating your beautiful facial skin to a coffee facial? We take you through each step and explain how both the methods – as well as the active ingredient – assist you in getting the perfect facial done at home.
Warning: Try not to lick your face when applying this mask!
Special thanks to Beauty Banter.com for sourcing this “recipe” for us!
Coffee Mask: What Is It Good For?
Coffee assists by rejuvenating a dull, tired complexion. A huge benefit is that a coffee mask is suitable for and compatible with all skin types. It can have ingredients added or removed to cater specially for your facial skin needs. If you look closely on your “age-defying” and higher-end facial masks and products – you will see some larger corporations have already started introducing this incredibly diverse product into their various products, mostly for the coffee’s excellent tightening and brightening properties.
Coffee Face Mask Ingredients
Half a cup (125 ml) ground coffee beans (preferably freshly grind your own, but buy pre-ground if you can’t)
Side note: Please, dear readers, do NOT use instant coffee! It’s already had all the awesomeness extracted from it and it’s just not the right thing to do.
Half a cup (125 ml) cocoa powder
One cup (250 ml) full cream milk or almond milk
One table spoon of honey
For dry skin: One table spoon of olive oil or almond oil
For very oily and acne-prone skin: One table spoon of honey
For oily skin: One table spoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Coffee Mask: How To Make It
1) Mix the ground coffee with the cocoa powder.
2) Add in the milk and mix until a paste forms (adjust milk accordingly for a thicker or thinner consistency)
3) Gently add the lemon juice and honey; combine by folding the ingredients in.
4) apply to the face and décolletage area and allow the mask to work for about 15 minutes.
5) Thoroughly rinse the face with lukewarm water, tone with some lemon juice and add your regular moisturiser.
Tip: You can store any left-over coffee face mask in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Fold in lemon juice and honey. Apply to skin and let dry (up to 20 minutes). Wash off and store any extras in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Coffee Face Mask Benefits
Coffee Bean Benefits
1) Reduce inflammation and redness
2) Reduce appearance of dark circles under the eye
3) If the beans are still a bit “rough” and not entirely diluted, they serve as an excellent exfoliator. A good idea might be to alternate between “rough” coffee masks and “smooth coffee mask” regularly.
4) Tightens and brightens the skin’s appearance.
Cocoa Powder Benefits
1) Acts as an anti-oxidant, removing free-radicals absorbed by the skin
2) Reverses effects of external damages, like pollution
3) Contains sulphur: this acts as a great defence against acne-prone skin
1) The lactic acid present in full cream and almond milk assists in non-abrasive exfoliation, adds a healthy glow to the skin and helps to smooth out the surface of the skin.
2) Keeps skin hydrated
Lemon Juice Benefits
1) One of the best exfoliants and astringents (pore tighteners) available to date.
2) Vitamin C within lemons helps to lighten and brighten the skin.
3) Controls oil secretion
1) Great at locking in moisture to the skin.
2) Anti-bacterial properties
Coffee Face Mask Tips and Tricks
For skin that may need extra exfoliation (try this in the winter months where dead skin needs a little help being removed) – apply your face mask in circular motions when applying (don’t just wipe the mask onto your skin, really get it in there). Also, try use a coarser coffee grind in your mixture when you’re exfoliating.
To reduce the appearance of dark circles, mix finely ground beans with milk and olive oil to form a separate paste and apply that to the under-eye area after your full-face mask. Allow this to set for a further 5 – 10 minutes, rinse, tone and moisturise. Why doest this work? The caffeine inside the coffee improves blood circulation and reduces inflammation!
We would LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear your feedback on how well your coffee face mask has worked!
Experience a Rental-Free Coffee Machine Trial Now!
- 10 Reasons Why It’s Better to Rent an Office Coffee Machine
- Affordable Coffee Machines in 2020
- African Coffee
- Automatic Coffee Machine
- Bean to Cup and Automatic Coffee Machines
- Bean to cup vs Espresso Machines
- bean-to-cup coffee machine
- Bean-To-Cup Coffee Machines
- Best Cappuccino Coffee Machines
- Best Coffee Beans in South Africa
- Best Coffee Beans of 2020
- Best Coffee Machine with a Grinder
- Best Dulce Gusto Coffee Capsules
- Best Industrial Coffee Machines
- Best Restaurant Coffee Machines
- Bianchi Coffee Vending Machines
- Bosch Coffee Machines
- Bosch Coffee Machines: Range Overview
- Bravilor Bonamat Coffee Machine Range
- Bravilor Coffee Machines
- Breville Coffee Machines
- Burr Coffee Grinder
- Buying a Home Coffee Machine
- Buying Coffee Machine on Takelaot
- Capsule Coffee Machines
- Cheapest Coffee Machines of 2020
- Choosing the Right Coffee Machine
- Choosing the Right Coffee Machine in 2020
- Cleaning Your Coffee Machine
- Coffee Academy
- Coffee Beans
- Coffee Capsule Brands
- Coffee Machine
- Coffee Machine Battle
- Coffee Machine Buying Guide
- Coffee Machine Dealer List 2019
- Coffee Machine for Home
- Coffee Machines
- Coffee Machines – Reviews, Guides and Comparisons
- Coffee Machines with Milk Frothers
- Coffee Sweeteners
- Coffee Trends 2019
- coffee vending machine
- Coffee Vending Machines
- Coffee/Hot Chocolate Machine
- Coin Operated Coffee Machines
- Commercial Coffee Machine
- De‘Longhi Coffee Machines
- Delonghi Magnifica ESAM3300
- Different Coffee Machine Types
- Dulce Gusto Coffee Machines
- Health Benefits of Coffee
- How Much To Spend On a Coffee Machine?
- instant coffee
- Jura Bean-to-Cup Coffee Machine Review
- Jura Coffee Machines
- Jura Machine Cleaning Tablets
- Jura vs. De'Longhi
- Keurig Coffee Machines
- Miele vs. Jura
- Mythos Coffee Machine
- Mythos Dealer List 2019
- Nescafé Dolce Gusto Circolo Coffee Machine
- Nescafe Dulce Gusto
- Nescafe vs. Jura
- Nespresso vs. Dolce Gusto vs. Jura
- Office & Commercial Coffee Machines
- Organic Coffee
- Percolator Coffee Machine
- Philips vs De'Longhi
- Powdered Milk
- Price Review
- Rheavendor Coffee Machines
- Saeco Brand Review
- Saving Money
- Schaerer Coffee Machine
- Starbucks vs. Jura Coffee Machines
- The Best Combo Machine of 2020
- The Perfect Home Coffee Machine
- The Rise of Self-Cleaning Coffee Machines in 2020
- Top 5 Coffee Machine Brands of 2020
- Top Home Coffee Machines
- WMF Coffee Machine Dealer List 2019
- WMF Coffee Machines