Delonghi vs Saeco
Probably the two most prominent coffee machine brands in the retail space in South Africa today are Delonghi and Saeco (which is now known as Philips Saeco)
In the mid 1990 ‘s saeco was introduced in south africa and was the first automatic bean to cup coffee machine available. The coffee industry in South Africa has Saeco to thank for really introducing many people to freshly ground bean to cup coffee and in a way started the coffee movement in South Africa
Fast forward almost 15 years and Delonghi coffee machines came along and slashed prices on automatic coffee machines in the retail space. Delonghi coffee machines are featurful and most of the range include a one – touch capability when it comes to cappuccinos.
Both Saeco and Delonghi coffee machines have their roots in Italy and both continue to resist the “low-cost carrot” of Chinese manufacturing.
Largely due to pricing reasons, Delonghi outsells Saeco worldwide and in South Africa by quite some margin. For the most part Delonghi coffee machines remain solid,reliable good – value coffee machines.
The one major limitation of Delonghi coffee machines come in the form of their office coffee capability. As good as delonghi coffee machines are as home coffee machines , they are not intended for large commercial use in offices or restaurants.
As a summary, if you are deciding between a Saeco and a Delonghi coffee machine for home , we would suggest saving some money and opting for Delonghi.
If, however you are looking for a machine for your office, rather opt for a more robust outfit like a Saeco or alternative specialist office coffee machine brand.
Experience a Rental-Free Coffee Machine Trial Now!
- 10 Reasons Why It’s Better to Rent an Office Coffee Machine
- Automatic Coffee Machine
- Bean to Cup and Automatic Coffee Machines
- Bean to cup vs Espresso Machines
- bean-to-cup coffee machine
- Best Cappuccino Coffee Machines
- Best Coffee Machine with a Grinder
- Best Dulce Gusto Coffee Capsules
- Best Industrial Coffee Machines
- Best Restaurant Coffee Machines
- Bianchi Coffee Vending Machines
- Bosch Coffee Machines
- Bravilor Bonamat Coffee Machine Range
- Bravilor Coffee Machines
- Breville Coffee Machines
- Capsule Coffee Machines
- Coffee Academy
- Coffee Beans
- Coffee Capsule Brands
- Coffee Machine
- Coffee Machine Dealer List 2019
- Coffee Machine for Home
- Coffee Machines
- Coffee Machines – Reviews, Guides and Comparisons
- Coffee Machines with Milk Frothers
- Coffee Trends 2019
- coffee vending machine
- Coffee Vending Machines
- Coffee/Hot Chocolate Machine
- Coin Operated Coffee Machines
- De‘Longhi Coffee Machines
- Dulce Gusto Coffee Machines
- Health Benefits of Coffee
- How Much To Spend On a Coffee Machine?
- instant coffee
- Jura Coffee Machines
- Jura Machine Cleaning Tablets
- Keurig Coffee Machines
- Mythos Coffee Machine
- Mythos Dealer List 2019
- Nescafé Dolce Gusto Circolo Coffee Machine
- Nescafe Dulce Gusto
- Percolator Coffee Machine
- Philips vs De'Longhi
- Powdered Milk
- Price Review
- Rheavendor Coffee Machines
- Saeco Brand Review
- Saving Money
- Schaerer Coffee Machine
- Starbucks vs. Jura Coffee Machines
- The Best Combo Machine of 2020
- The Rise of Self-Cleaning Coffee Machines in 2020
- WMF Coffee Machine Dealer List 2019
- WMF Coffee Machines