Jura GIGA 5 Review: Next Level Coffee Creations
Jura GIGA 5 Review: Next Level Coffee Creations
“Perfection, Precision, Professionalism” – the first words you see when watching the video review of the Jura GIGA 5. And those words couldn’t be more true.
“GIGA 5 sets a new standard in performance, aesthetics and perfection for the coffee machine segment. Professional technology has found its way into the homes of people who demand the highest standards. With the power of two grinders, two heating systems and two pumps the machine produces two coffee specialities at once, providing an unprecedented range of specialities and fulfilling the coffee lover’s every dream.”
The GIGA range of Jura’s coffee machine offering is geared towards the large office environment; but not just any large office. A forward-thinking, modern, technologically-inclined aesthetic enthusiast.
Jura GIGA 5 Specs
We always like to start off with the specs 🙂
- Latte macchiato
- Caffè Latte
- Espresso Macchiato
- Milk foam
- 1 portion of hot water
- AppCompatibility – JURA Coffee App
- Grinder type – Electrically adjustable ceramic disc grinder
- Number of grinders – 2
- Thermoblock heating system – 2
- Wireless ready – Yes
- JURA fine foam technology – Yes
- Automatic changeover from milk to milk foam – Yes
- Milk or milk foam preparation – Yes
- Power hot water system (3 temperature levels) – Yes
- Monitored drip tray – Yes
- Programmable amount of water – Yes
- Amount of water can be adjusted for each preparation – Yes
- Programmable coffee strength in levels – 5
- Coffee strength can be adjusted for each preparation – Yes
- Hot water temperature can be programmed in levels – 3
- Brewing temperature can be programmed in levels – 3
- A la carte bean selection – Yes
- Water tank capacity – 2.6 L
- Numbers of bean containers – 2
- Bean container with aroma preservation cover – Yes
- Capacity per bean container – 280 g
- Coffee grounds container (max. servings) – 20
- Weight – 18 kg
- Width – 32 cm
- Height – 41.5 cm
- Depth – 49.7 cm
Jura GIGA 5 Review
Now that we have some proper statistics to work from, we undoubtedly have a far better understanding of how good, great or terrible this machine is. For the record, it ain’t terrible at all!
The GIGA 5 is a beautifully designed machine; the chrome finish lends the modern factor that so many consumers factor in when deciding on a machine, so it’s no wonder environments such as architectural firms, lawyers offices and even large corporates opt for this type of machine.
It is definitely show piece, not something you would want to hide away behind closed doors; it is deigned to be bold, impressive and alluring all at once.
The really cool feature of this machine is the speciality drink programming option. You can choose any type of drink – hot, cold, alcoholic or not – to be “programmed” into your machine. The only criteria is that it should contain a coffee portion. The machine guides you through the drink preparation, step by step, and prompts you when you should add your coffee portionment.
With two bean hoppers with a total combined capacity of just under 600g, you can also opt for the bean hopper extender. This can take your capacity well over 1kg when combined.
To me, the biggest “let down” is the relatively small capacity of the water tank; it is a bit disappointing for such a beat of a machine to carry a water tank that is only 700ml larger than a “small office” Jura coffee machine – like the E8.
The GIGA 5 contains two internal thermoblocks – meaning your milk as well as coffee portionment can heat up equally as fast – meaning less of a queue in the morning and far more happy faces throughout the day.
Jura GIGA 5 Pro’s and Con’s
The disadvantages of this machine are few and far between, so let’s go:
- Small water tank
- Small standard bean hopper capacity
- The grinder is not of Jura’s latest technology – as seen in the Aroma G3 grinder.
- Dual preparation of milk drinks; yep – two cappuccino’s, lattes etc. at once!
- Jura App connectivity and compatibility
- Speciality drink options will blow your mind
- Large enough for an office of more than 50 people
- Beautifully modern aesthetic
- Will please a large amount of milk-based coffee lovers
Is the Jura GIGA 5 Right for Me?
If you enjoy a good looking machine, high quality coffee, silky smooth milk drinks and a machine that is futuristic in it’s capabilities – you’re halfway there. If you have an environment where you’ll have in excess of 50 cups made per day – your minimum criteria is met.
If you’re in a small office or home environment – off the bat – don’t consider this. There are far cheaper and smaller machines that will satisfy your needs – you’d essentially be w3asting the special; features that sell the GIGA 5.
If you plan on having over 200 daily users – it might be wise to opt for the GIGA 8 range and above; as big a the GIGA 5 is – it doe shave it’s limitations.
Lastly- if it is part of your objective to save money when purchasing a coffee machine – this simply won’t cut it. Fresh milk, fresh coffee beans and the overall cost of the machine make it an investment feature rather than a cost saving option.,
Experience a Rental-Free Coffee Machine Trial Now!
- Automatic Coffee Machine
- Bean to Cup and Automatic Coffee Machines
- Bean to cup vs Espresso Machines
- bean-to-cup coffee machine
- Best Cappuccino Coffee Machines
- Bianchi Coffee Vending Machines
- Bosch Coffee Machines
- Bravilor Bonamat Coffee Machine Range
- Bravilor Coffee Machines
- Breville Coffee Machines
- Capsule Coffee Machines
- Coffee Academy
- Coffee Beans
- Coffee Capsule Brands
- Coffee Machine
- Coffee Machine Dealer List 2019
- Coffee Machine for Home
- Coffee Machines
- Coffee Machines – Reviews, Guides and Comparisons
- Coffee Trends 2019
- coffee vending machine
- Coffee Vending Machines
- De‘Longhi Coffee Machines
- Dulce Gusto Coffee Machines
- Health Benefits of Coffee
- instant coffee
- Jura Coffee Machines
- Jura Machine Cleaning Tablets
- Mythos Coffee Machine
- Mythos Dealer List 2019
- Nescafe Dulce Gusto
- Powdered Milk
- Price Review
- Rheavendor Coffee Machines
- Saving Money
- Schaerer Coffee Machine
- WMF Coffee Machine Dealer List 2019
- WMF Coffee Machines