The Jura WE8 is, like all automatic coffee machines, a bean to cup fresh milk machine. The WE8 is designed for medium to large offices of 25+ people. WE8 machines have been installed in offices of 5000+ people but that often requires a multiple machine approach. The drink options available form the WE8 are identical to the smaller units as well as featuring a dual coffee and one touch cappuccino and latte option.
Jura WE8 Automatic Coffee Machine
The overall standout features of the WE8 are it’s exceptionally large water tank and grounds container. Most “large office” automatic machines have water tanks in the region of 2.5 litres and a grounds container which contains 30 pucks. The WE8 features a 3 litre water tank and grounds container allowing for 30-40 pucks and boasts a bean hopper which can hold 500g of coffee beans.
Suitable for Offices
You can Make
Jura WE8 Review
Unfortunately no machine is perfect – we wish they were. Below we list the pros and cons of the WE8. To read our full review of the WE8 please click the link here: Jura Impressa WE8 Full Review
Jura WE8 Pros
- Milk Froth Quality and Latte Option – The froth on all Jura Automatic machines from mid 2014 utilises the new fine foam frothing technology which means that the milk froth for cappuccinos and lattes comes out thick and creamy. This is still one feature which separates Jura machines from most other entry level automatic machines on the market today. The XS9 also allows for a one touch latte where the steamed milk and milk froth can be automatically separated. The WE8 features a new frothing system which eliminates almost all milk bubbles
- Coffee and Espresso Extraction – The famous Jura grinder and brewing unit technology means the extraction on all “black coffee” drinks is still a level ahead other bean to cup options. The need for constant cleaning of coffee machines makes many of them somewhat of a nuisance. The WE8 also features pulse extraction which gets all the flavour out of the ground coffee
- No Removable Brewing Unit – Jura is still the only brand which doesn’t have a removable brewing unit which means everything can still be cleaned at the touch of a button
- Water Tank Size – The WE8 doesn't have as big a water tank as the XS9, but 3 litres is still quite handy.
- One Touch Functionality – The WE8 is a fully one touch machine making it perfect for first time users
Jura WE8 Cons
- Chrome Finish – The WE8 features a chrome flashy finish which is rather polarising. People either love it or they hate it
- Separate Stations – The WE8 has one frothing and coffee extraction station for milk based coffee drinks and a centre station for espresso based drinks. This can be quite confusing for first time users
- Bean Hopper –Although the standard sized bean hopper which can hold 500g is the biggest hopper of all Jura machines (except for on the Giga and XJ range), there is no attachment option available to increase the size like there is on the XS9