Nespresso VS Dolce Gusto : Battle of the Capsule Coffee Machines
Does this headline have you squinting – wondering why on earth we would compare two of the same thing? That’s exactly why we created this post!
Two of the biggest names in Capsule Coffee Machines, both locally and globally, must certainly be Nespresso and Dolce Gusto. Two systems – developed by the same company – with two very different scopes.
The main difference is in the general operations of the coffee makers, as well as the relative coffee selections. In essence, they are aimed at two different target markets; bear in mind they both fall under the Nestle-brand ownership; you don’t become the biggest food company based on revenues, without a fair amount of sneak.
Both systems use coffee capsules for brewing, but each system is exclusive. The capsules are not interchangeable; some more sneak.
Dolce Gusto only has two models currently, while Nespresso is currently sitting on 9 coffee capsule machine models, and forever upgrading and tweaking. The advantage the Dolce Gusto has in this regard, is it’s simplicity.
Firstly, on choosing a model, and secondly, operating. The Dolce Gusto only has one lever which pretty much controls everything. There is no separate heating of milk or frothing, as you have within the Nespresso range. It’s an all in one. Pro for some, Con for others. The reason they are able to do this is that they have very clever milk-capsules too, and even offer other beverage options (think Milo). A pro if you enjoy the convenience and affordability, a con if you like real milk, to make a real cappuccino.
Where Nespresso wins, hands down, would be in their coffee selections. As mentioned, Dolce Gusto has a very nice range of fancy, American coffee’s, while Nespresso offers a wide range of actual coffee, opposed to Dolce’s two real coffee offerings.
In short, Dolce Gusto coffee maker for those who need coffee every day and not too fussy with regards to the taste of their coffee. It is a machine for the “daily grind”.
Nespresso coffee is more selective and therefore suitable for coffee connoisseurs and enthusiasts .
We might be so bold as to say the Dolce Gusto is a Toyota to Nespresso’s a Ferrari.
Price. What’s a review without price?
Nespresso Coffee makers will set you back in the range of R 1 380.00 – R 7 000.00; yes, there is quite a range.
Dolce Gusto, while limited in choice, wil cost in the region of R 2 500.00
The Dolce capsules will cost you around R 4, 50 each, as opposed to Nespresso capsules coming in at around the R 7.00 mark.
To see if a capsule coffee machine is indeed for you, check out our review below on Capsules vs Beans!
Note that Aquaspresso and all affiliates thereof are in no way associated with or stockists of Nescafe, Nestle or Nespresso Products. The views expressed in this article are not those of the company or publisher.
Experience a Rental-Free Coffee Machine Trial Now!
- 10 Reasons Why It’s Better to Rent an Office Coffee Machine
- Automatic Coffee Machine
- Bean to Cup and Automatic Coffee Machines
- Bean to cup vs Espresso Machines
- bean-to-cup coffee machine
- Best Cappuccino Coffee Machines
- Best Coffee Machine with a Grinder
- Best Dulce Gusto Coffee Capsules
- Best Industrial Coffee Machines
- Best Restaurant Coffee Machines
- Bianchi Coffee Vending Machines
- Bosch Coffee Machines
- Bravilor Bonamat Coffee Machine Range
- Bravilor Coffee Machines
- Breville Coffee Machines
- Capsule Coffee Machines
- Coffee Academy
- Coffee Beans
- Coffee Capsule Brands
- Coffee Machine
- Coffee Machine Dealer List 2019
- Coffee Machine for Home
- Coffee Machines
- Coffee Machines – Reviews, Guides and Comparisons
- Coffee Machines with Milk Frothers
- Coffee Trends 2019
- coffee vending machine
- Coffee Vending Machines
- Coffee/Hot Chocolate Machine
- Coin Operated Coffee Machines
- De‘Longhi Coffee Machines
- Dulce Gusto Coffee Machines
- Health Benefits of Coffee
- How Much To Spend On a Coffee Machine?
- instant coffee
- Jura Coffee Machines
- Jura Machine Cleaning Tablets
- Keurig Coffee Machines
- Mythos Coffee Machine
- Mythos Dealer List 2019
- Nescafé Dolce Gusto Circolo Coffee Machine
- Nescafe Dulce Gusto
- Percolator Coffee Machine
- Philips vs De'Longhi
- Powdered Milk
- Price Review
- Rheavendor Coffee Machines
- Saeco Brand Review
- Saving Money
- Schaerer Coffee Machine
- Starbucks vs. Jura Coffee Machines
- The Best Combo Machine of 2020
- The Rise of Self-Cleaning Coffee Machines in 2020
- WMF Coffee Machine Dealer List 2019
- WMF Coffee Machines